Experiencing signs that you may need car battery replacement?
If you are experiencing the following signs, it may be time for your car to have a car battery replacement:
- Do you find that when you start up your car engine, the crank is sluggish?
- Has the engine light come on?
- Have you been using your car battery for about 4 years?
If you have checked all these off, they could be warning signs that your car battery is burning out and may not function soon. You can come in to our workshop to get the issues checked, and we would advise you whether you may need a car battery replacement, rather than leave it to a “too late” scenario and you find yourself not being able to start up your car when you are in a hurry to make an appointment. The cost of a new car battery replacement is from $100 onwards.
What affects car battery life
The car battery is an essential component for every car, by starting up the car’s electrical system. The car battery is subject to much wear and tear as it is in use each time you operate your car. As the battery runs its charge and discharge cycle, some of the active material that brings this process is lost. Your car battery life and when you need a car battery replacement is dependent on various factors:
- Whether the battery is subject to extreme temperatures. Given our tropical weather in Singapore, the car battery would be subject to the scorching temperatures from the hot sun, which will shorten its life span
- Whether you take frequent short trips. This is because if you frequently drive for just short distances, of less than 20 minutes, you would not be giving sufficient time for your car battery to recharge
- Whether you have regular maintenance for your car engine, to prevent situations of overloading on your car battery from occurring
- Whether your car battery needs to power up many accessories, which would also shorten your battery life
Checks we will carry out
When you send your car in to us to check if the car battery is having issues, some of the key checks include the connections of the car battery, as we want to make sure that all connecting points are secure, as it is not immediately the case that you need a car battery replacement. We also will check the charging rate to make sure the battery gets properly charged up.
Possible repairs needed
Besides a car battery replacement, there could be other faults in the car system:
- Some times it could be that there are other components that are not working properly. For instance, a malfunctioning alternator will also affect your car battery. The alternator charges up the battery after the car is started up. A malfunctioning alternator will prevent the battery from charging up properly.
- Another issue could be that there are corroded or loose clamp connections, to which we would determine if a cleaning up and tightening of the connections could do the job.
- There could also be internal electrical faults. For instance internal lights do not turn off automatically after the car is parked and locked up.
Have questions on our service?
After my free servicing period for my car, I thought it was time to look out for better priced alternatives. I gave ECV Car Service Singapore a call and tried out their service. It was a hassle free experience and good value. - Kenneth Chin, Buona Vista
I had a tire leak caused by a puncture after driving over some construction debris. ECV Car Service Singapore could fix this up for me so I don't need to spend on a new tire. Friendly workshop! - Mr K.T. Liew, Redhill
My car aircon was not functioning and I was not sure what the cause was. I initially brought my car to the dealer workshop and was told the compressor is down. But the price quoted for the compressor replacement was so high. I then gave ECV Car Service Singapore a call, and the price turned out to be much lower, and quality of service good. Thumbs up! - Joel Tan, Bukit Batok
At the heart of our service is to build a trusted relationship with you. When you send your car for car servicing, maintenance and repairs with us, you are assured your car is in good hands.
Our mechanics are experienced, with care for detail. We seek to delight you always, with the quality of our workmanship and good value for our services.
Contact us today if you feel your car battery may not be working properly today, and let our experienced mechanics troubleshoot this for you. At times, certain signs you experience, which may seem to be battery issues could also be caused by other components. For instance, problems with starting up your engine could be caused by a faulty starter, and not necessarily mean that you need a car battery replacement. We understand the time inconvenience from having to make a trip to the workshop, which we would avoid by having a thorough check when you come to us so we can already fix the underlying issue. Your satisfaction matters to us and we look forward to being at your service, for your car servicing, maintenance and repair needs!