Experiencing signs that you may need gearbox overhaul?
Gearboxes are sophisticated pieces of machinery that must be delicately handled and carefully repaired. Transmission overhaul and transmission rebuild are the common jargons that the garage may use interchangeably with gearbox overhaul. In simple terms, this means dismantling all the complicated parts, and replacing the necessary components to restore working order and building the parts back together again.
Is An Overhaul Needed?
As the gearbox is one of the most expensive parts of a vehicle to repair, here are some tips to help you spot signs when your gearbox is crying for your attention, alerting you to a problem.
- Slipping Gears – Notice that your gear change is sloppy, jarring transition when accelerating or if your car is losing speed.
- Dragging clutch – As with any good relationship, you need to listen to your car. If you hear humming or buzzing sound, or when you experience grinding noise when accelerate on speed.
- Resistance – If your vehicle hesitates to go into gear, or a lack of response while driving or parking.
- Leaking transmission fluid – This is the clearest alert to the problem. If you notice any of the situations below, these are signs that your vehicle needs to get checked:
(a) Little liquid which is bright red/clear and sweet smelling on your driveway
(b) Dark colour liquid with burnt smell on your driveway
Procedures for Gearbox Overhaul
The 3 step procedures for gearbox overhaul are:
- Dismantling and cleaning all major parts to identify which parts can be reused and replaced. Gearbox is sophisticated; hence this step may take a considerable amount of time.
- Our expert mechanics will then be able to determine the parts that needs to be replace and the cost of rebuilding your vehicle.
- A series of test will be conducted after the overhaul. Our detailed mechanics will ensure that your newly refurbish gearbox is running smoothly, before your car is returned to you.
Transparent Service, Warranties
During the process of gearbox overhaul, we would be sending you pictures of the process to keep you updated. We also provide warranties for our service.
What affects cost of gearbox overhaul?
The cost will depend of origin of the car, the model, the type of transmission and the replacement parts required.
Depending on the extent of work instructed by our customer and replacements needed, the degree of gearbox overhaul may include:
- Disassembling and cleaning all parts
- Replacing clutch plates and bands
- Replacing seals, gaskets and sealing rings
- Clean and test or replace all solenoids
Speak to our professional mechanics today to find out more. We can also assist you with engine overhaul service.
Have questions on the overhaul process?
After my free servicing period for my car, I thought it was time to look out for better priced alternatives. I gave ECV Car Service Singapore a call and tried out their service. It was a hassle free experience and good value. - Kenneth Chin, Buona Vista
I had a tire leak caused by a puncture after driving over some construction debris. ECV Car Service Singapore could fix this up for me so I don't need to spend on a new tire. Friendly workshop! - Mr K.T. Liew, Redhill
My car aircon was not functioning and I was not sure what the cause was. I initially brought my car to the dealer workshop and was told the compressor is down. But the price quoted for the compressor replacement was so high. I then gave ECV Car Service Singapore a call, and the price turned out to be much lower, and quality of service good. Thumbs up! - Joel Tan, Bukit Batok
At the heart of our service is to build a trusted relationship with you. When you send your car for car servicing, maintenance and repairs with us, you are assured your car is in good hands.
Our mechanics are experienced, with care for detail. We seek to delight you always, with the quality of our workmanship and good value for our services.
Our experienced mechanics take pride in their work, as can be seen in the neatness of our workshops and from the care you can see we have placed in our work from the photo updates we would be sending to you. We care for you, our customers and seek to provide you with a transparent, fuss free service.
Our underlying motto is quality work, and offering you great service at competitive pricing, giving you assured good value. We look forward to servicing you, for your car servicing, maintenance or repair needs.