Experiencing signs that you may need car tuning?
Car tuning is regular check of your car on whether it is still functioning in good order. However, when you experience the following symptoms, they may also signal a tune up is in order:
- Problematic Start: One push/ twist start should be the way your car gets up and running. However, if your car is having problems starting up, it may be a sign that car tuning is required. This may then, for example, point to your starter having problems.
- Roughness: Where acceleration or deceleration feels jerky and rough, this could be another sign.
- Abrupt Stopping: While driving uphill or on a slope, if your car engine struggles or turns off abruptly.
- Fuel economy worsens: Where you notice you are covering much fewer miles per litre of petrol, a check may be in order.
- Unfamiliar Sounds: It happens at times when your car engine starts to make unusual loud sounds. These noises may arise from the trapped carbon in the combustion chambers.
Numerous checks are covered to ensure the proper functioning of your car, including the following:
- Spark plugs regarding their color and condition, including colour of spark ignited, any damage, incision or rigidness of the spark wires is checked.
- Fuel filter, fuel pump, and fuel injections are thoroughly checked, with dirt and clots cleaned off so that the fuel injected is sufficiently reaching the engine without any obstructions.
- Checks on PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve, which function to controlling the pressure on the engine. This valve can develop clots and leaks which are checked during the procedure.
Other than identifying repairs early on and fixing these before other parts also possibly get damaged, benefits of car tuning include improved fuel economy, and also help extend the life span of your engine.
You can also improve your engine responsiveness through tuning, engine power, as well as responsiveness of your gear shifts. Contact us for specific tuning requests and we would be happy to assist you.
Have questions on our service?
After my free servicing period for my car, I thought it was time to look out for better priced alternatives. I gave ECV Car Service Singapore a call and tried out their service. It was a hassle free experience and good value. - Kenneth Chin, Buona Vista
I had a tire leak caused by a puncture after driving over some construction debris. ECV Car Service Singapore could fix this up for me so I don't need to spend on a new tire. Friendly workshop! - Mr K.T. Liew, Redhill
My car aircon was not functioning and I was not sure what the cause was. I initially brought my car to the dealer workshop and was told the compressor is down. But the price quoted for the compressor replacement was so high. I then gave ECV Car Service Singapore a call, and the price turned out to be much lower, and quality of service good. Thumbs up! - Joel Tan, Bukit Batok
At the heart of our service is to build a trusted relationship with you. When you send your car for car servicing, maintenance and repairs with us, you are assured your car is in good hands.
Our mechanics are experienced, with care for detail. We seek to delight you always, with the quality of our workmanship and good value for our services.
Our experienced mechanics have a keen eye for detail, and will thoroughly check the issues with your engine and what is behind the cause of the issues you face. We would then advise you on what are the repairs needed or that cleaning up of clots would suffice, as well as give you a cost quote before proceeding with the works.
We look forward to being of service to you, with our quality work, transparent and great service at competitive pricing, giving you assured good value.