Experiencing signs that you may need car engine repair or overhaul?
Has the check engine indicator come on on your dashboard? Do you notice excessive oil consumption of late? Given high petrol prices in Singapore, this would certainly be a cause of concern. Also, is there coloured smoke coming out from your exhaust? Are there issues with acceleration which has become rough and jerky? These signs are not without a doubt related to your car engine, and could signal other car components having issue. For instance, the engine performance could be related to exhaust problems, as the combustion process could be impacted as a result. It’s however, good to come to our workshop to have this checked. Our experienced mechanics can help you to carry out a detailed check and advise you if you would need car engine repair, or that the faults have arisen from some other causes.
Quality car engine repair & overhaul service
Key car engine components
The car engine comprises of many parts, and the introduction of electronics components has made the car engine repair more complicated. The key components include pistons, crankshaft, valvetrain, intake stroke, compression stroke, power stroke and exhaust stroke.
When the check engine indicator comes on on your dashboard, this does not mean it is necessarily a serious issue, and would require an in-depth check to determine what kind of car engine repair is needed. For computer-controlled cars, we would be using a code reader to analyse what is causing the faults experienced.
Common causes of car engine issues
- Low levels of lubrication, leading to overheating to the car engine.
- The car engine oil has become too polluted, and needs to be changed. Otherwise, it could be leaving deposits in the valves and combustion chamber and affect the smooth running of the car engine.
- Poor compression. It is necessary to compress the air and fuel in the combustion process. Possible causes are that the piston rings have worn out, issues with the seals of the valves
- Spark plug is worn out, which has a big impact as it ignites the fuel.
- Overheating of the car engine
- Not regularly having your car engine maintained, with the necessary regular engine oil change
- Wear and tear over years of use; a car engine is on average expected to last about 10 years
Engine overhaul, repair services
If indeed the issue is with the car engine, we would determine where the fault has arisen and what repair services are needed:
- If an overhaul is needed, this could be top or full engine overhaul. All the faulty parts would be repaired/ re-surfaced, or replaced in this extensive maintenance process. Our transparent service comes with photo updates of the overhaul work in progress. Our overhaul service also includes gearbox overhaul.
- Where the levels of engine oil are low, we would check if there is a leakage point that needs to be fixed, and top up the oil to the appropriate level to prevent the engine from overheating again, and keep the engine parts well lubricated.
- If the engine oil has become polluted, we could assist you to have the engine oil changed.
- If there are parts like spark plugs which have worn out, we would assist you to have these changed.
- If your engine has expensed its life span, and you need a car engine replacement instead of car engine repair, we would also advise you accordingly on the various options and costs available.
Regularly maintain your car engine to keep it in tip-top condition
Regular servicing your car and in the process, carrying out car engine maintenance would help prolong your engine life. These include oil change at the recommended intervals avoid the oil becoming so polluted that significant deposits are left in the engine parts, having your oil filters replaced, removing carbon deposits on your fuel injectors and replacing spark plugs.
In addition, for personal care, it is good to give your car engine a chance to warm up, so that engine oil can coat up the various parts before strain is put onto the engine. If your car engine is turbo-charged, wait for about two minutes to allow the engine to cool before turning off. This is to allow the oil to cool off the bearings.
Have questions on our service?
After my free servicing period for my car, I thought it was time to look out for better priced alternatives. I gave ECV Car Service Singapore a call and tried out their service. It was a hassle free experience and good value. - Kenneth Chin, Buona Vista
I had a tire leak caused by a puncture after driving over some construction debris. ECV Car Service Singapore could fix this up for me so I don't need to spend on a new tire. Friendly workshop! - Mr K.T. Liew, Redhill
My car aircon was not functioning and I was not sure what the cause was. I initially brought my car to the dealer workshop and was told the compressor is down. But the price quoted for the compressor replacement was so high. I then gave ECV Car Service Singapore a call, and the price turned out to be much lower, and quality of service good. Thumbs up! - Joel Tan, Bukit Batok
At the heart of our service is to build a trusted relationship with you. When you send your car for car servicing, maintenance and repairs with us, you are assured your car is in good hands.
Our mechanics are experienced, with care for detail. We seek to delight you always, with the quality of our workmanship and good value for our services.
If you have found yourself experiencing issues with your car engine, come by our workshop today and let our experienced mechanics carry out a check and help you pinpoint where the fault is from. You would also get a cost quote from us before we proceed with the car engine repair service. Our cost quotes are competitive, and our workmanship of high quality as we believe in delivering good value to you, to build up a long term trusted relationship with you. Let us care for your car today, with our car servicing, maintenance and repair services.