Experiencing signs that you may need an engine overhaul?
Engine overhaul refers to the replacement of the parts of the engine and to rebuild the engine for eliminating the occurring problems. This helps to improve the performance of your engine and extend its life. Engine overhaul cost depends on a few factors, including the extensiveness of overhaul chosen.
There are a few symptoms which will warn you beforehand that may need an engine overhaul. It is advisable to book an appointment to have your car checked, as these symptoms might lead to intensive damage to your car engine if left unchecked for an extended period of time. The symptoms are as follows:
- Thumping: The most common symptom a car engine shows when it needs an engine overhaul is the continuous and increasing knocking sound coming from your engine.
- Misfiring: This symptom occurs because of the loss in compression of the car. The engine starts to miss the combustion cycle. It could also turn out to be caused by your fuel injectors needing cleaning.
- Excessive fuel consumption: The engine, when in need of an overhaul, starts to consume an excessive amount of fuel.
- Extreme smoke: Excessive smoke produced by your car engine is another warning sign.
- Oil sludge: Another common symptom is sludge when you examine your oil stick.
Top Versus Major Overhaul
There are mainly two terms used for the engine overhaul namely, top overhaul and major overhaul. The extensive of work done is the main difference between the two, and correspondingly affects engine overhaul cost. A top overhaul is the repair and replacement of just the parts on top of an engine - namely the cylinders, the valve gear or the piston and its rings. With a major overhaul, however, the engine is completely dissembled and reconstructed, with damaged parts replaced.
What Affects Engine Overhaul Cost
A full engine overhaul typically costs $2,500 onwards, and a top overhaul typically from $1,200 onwards. There are various factors affecting engine overhaul cost:
- Firstly, this depends on extensive of overhaul carried out - whether you have chosen top or major overhaul.
- Another question that arises is the extensiveness of parts replacements needed, e.g. are the pistons damaged and need replacement.
- Whether an original equipment manufacturer part (OEM) or after market parts are used would also affect the cost.
- The make and model of your car would also affect the cost of replacement parts
Transparent Service, Warranties
At Elite Car Ventures, we understand how complex car mechanics is. Our principle is to provide various options and benefits and costs of the options to our customer, so you can make the decision of what is best for you. For instance, we know your considerations include number of years more you intend to use your car when you consider engine overhaul cost and our options will also consider this and point this out for you.
We also believe in transparency and during the process of engine overhaul, we would be sending to you pictures of the process, and we will complete this with car grooming so your car is returned to you all shiny outside, with the engine now also running smoothly inside. We also carry out detailed diagnostics and testing before returning your car to you. For that added peace of mind, we also have warranties for our engine overhaul work.
Have questions on our service?
After my free servicing period for my car, I thought it was time to look out for better priced alternatives. I gave ECV Car Service Singapore a call and tried out their service. It was a hassle free experience and good value. - Kenneth Chin, Buona Vista
I had a tire leak caused by a puncture after driving over some construction debris. ECV Car Service Singapore could fix this up for me so I don't need to spend on a new tire. Friendly workshop! - Mr K.T. Liew, Redhill
My car aircon was not functioning and I was not sure what the cause was. I initially brought my car to the dealer workshop and was told the compressor is down. But the price quoted for the compressor replacement was so high. I then gave ECV Car Service Singapore a call, and the price turned out to be much lower, and quality of service good. Thumbs up! - Joel Tan, Bukit Batok
At the heart of our service is to build a trusted relationship with you. When you send your car for car servicing, maintenance and repairs with us, you are assured your car is in good hands.
Our mechanics are experienced, with care for detail. We seek to delight you always, with the quality of our workmanship and good value for our services.
The level of detail which we take into our work can already be first seen from the cleanliness and neatness of our workshop. One of our customers even remarked that our toilet even is clean. We take pride already from the very basics, and our principle of being carefully detailed extends into all our car servicing and car repair works. When you send your car to us for engine overhaul, you can be assured your car is in good hands.
We take pride in delivering high quality work, great service at competitive pricing, giving you assured good value. We look forward to being of service to you, for your car servicing, maintenance or repair needs.